P. Carey Parent, Esq.
Principal, Project and Construction Services
CLE Engineering, Novato, CA
One of our founders, Carey has remained an integral part of CLE. Serving as principal within our program and project management business unit operations, Carey oversees our four offices and over 40 professional associates and a growing support staff. He has been actively involved in numerous complex construction projects, claims and negotiations throughout the United States, Canada and the Caribbean.
CLE Project Highlights
- Mobilized CLE resources to successfully complete a long-term improvement project at Bel Marin Keys Community Services District, including permitting, construction, dredging, levee improvements, quality monitoring and strategic management
- Provided accounting claim support, legal assistance, and expert reporting on site conditions and contractual issues for one of the largest dredging projects on the east coast
- Coordinated and retainedlegal counsel, compliance with local and state contracting licensing laws, accounting, tax insurance, payroll, sub-contractors and safety for over seven hundred field and support staff employees on twenty-two jobs sites in six states throughout the Southeast and Mid-West United States.
- Managed four years of restoration on the substructure and sub-terrainian garage structure of Harbor West, an earthquake-damaged building. Also worked through a contested insurance coverage claim for all of the earthquake related repairs which ultimately ended in a successful recovery for the project owner.
- Juris Doctor – University of Massachusetts School of Law, North Dartmouth
- B.S., Finance – University of Massachusetts, Southeastern Massachusetts
Achievement, Credentials & Affiliations
- Attorney at Law Admitted to:
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States District Court, Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- American Bar Association – Fidelity and Insurance Practice, Environmental Litigation Committee, Construction Litigation Committee
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Surety Bond Claims Association
- West Coast Casualty Association
- Western Dredging Association
- Bay Area Coalition
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Planning
- Risk and liability Management
- Contract Negotiations
- Fiscal Management and Forecasting
- Construction Management
- Surety and Administrative Claims
- Mergers and Acquisitions